Monday, July 11, 2011

Hadleigh Sue Sherratt

Little Miss H was born April 29th and weighed 8 lb. 4 oz. and was 20 in. long. My pregnancy was total cake so I was convinced I was going to have a rough delivery but... it turned out to be complete cake as well. I was admitted to be induced the 29th at 1 am, Mark and I decided not to sleep before we went in so that we would be tired. We soaked up our last bit of do what you want whenever you want-ness. We went to dinner at Milts and followed it up with a movie. Sometimes when Hadleigh is being naughty, I really miss those times- especially when she isn't sleeping. Anyway, I got my iv the minute I got there... Horrible, worst part of my whole delivery. And my exact words to Mark with tears in my eyes "That's enough, I'm done, let's go home". There was no turning back and to say the least I was a nervous mess. We did get a bit of sleep, it's hard with nurses coming in and out all night. I went as long as I could without the epidural because I was scared to get it and I had heard it slows you down and I was not about to spend a second more in labor than I needed to. I walked around the hall, sat up, layed down, switched sides, anything I could to endure the pain. Finally, dilated to a 5 I had enough. I got the iv pain medication to hold me over and let me tell you, that stuff is cloud 9- so fabulous. On to the end... I got my epidural, super upset I didn't get it sooner, it didn't hurt and was so amazing. Shortly after, literally an hour after I got it I was ready to push. I pushed for 2 hours, although it didn't seem that long. It was all so calm, I pushed and then while waiting for another contraction we all talked, laughed and relaxed until the next. Seriously... I would do it 10 more times. At 6:05 the most precious blessing I have ever had entered my life. We love our Baby Sue and cannot get enough of her.